Customer retention matters more than chasing new ones. If your business leaks customers adding them won’t help in the long run. Finding out the reasons why they are leaving you and mitigating it is smart business.
I jotted down 50 ways you can lose them. Recognize any? Sure you could add 50 more.
Here’s my list enjoy!
1) They got me and they have stopped looking at others.
2) My deal is the best available.
3) I know exactly what they want.
4) Understanding stops at my door not at my customers.
5) Of course they see me as critical.
6) I don’t want to bother them so I leave them alone.
7) I let them know I care –I send them some chocolates at Christmas.
8) I guess my products and services are useful to them –they buy them right.
9) Complaining customers just want too much and I wish they would just go away.
10) Another complaint just like the others oh well.
11) So it was late – it got there.
12) Jack the price they’ll pay.
13) Customer visits are expensive and unnecessary.
14) Lose 3 gain 3 all’s good.
15) Competitors are a fact of life just ignore them and most go away.
16) My revolving door sales force is just another inconvenience to me.
17) My hard working employee Jack represents my company but the client is loyal to me right.
18) I don’t need non-competes it makes employee think I don’t trust them.
19) Let hire this guy he’s worked for 3 of our competitors over the last 3 years
20) Put them on hold they won’t mind.
21) Hey Jack at our large customer X apparently went somewhere else who knows.
22) Jacks replacement –whoever he is will keep buying right.
23) Anybody follow up with that pissed off customer yet.
24) Price is only important if you’re not the best.
25) Good service always results in price not being important.
26) Technology is expensive and doesn’t help me.
27) Customers usually won’t change if I don’t screw up.
28) Tradition is important I’m in so I’m good.
29) Value is in the eye of the beholder and my customer is color blind.
30) Never trip a race horse -leave well enough alone.
31) Disruptive what!
32) Sears has been around for 50 + years.
33) You dad used us so should you.
34) Cadillac is a ultimate sign of success.
35) What do the kids know anyways?
36) Mom’s home baking why appeal to her
37) Everyone wants us no point paying attention to our customer demographics
38) Sales are down its seasonal I guess.
39) Let’s jack up the price and offer a sales promotion.
40) Value is in the eye of the beholder but I know what my customers want
41) Let’s try this -maybe our customers might like it.
42) Market research is for those who don’t know -we do.
43) Sales are down let’s save some money cut marketing spending back.
44) Some many large players – where they getting the business
45) Amazon really?
46) Online shopping why?
47) “Why” Simon Sinek -think they care?
48) We don’t allow our employees to waste time looking at stuff online.
49) Better to react than anticipate.
50) Once you are on top the games over -you win.